Saturday 9 July 2011

Admirable People

I was sat there today, watching this boy run around the athletics track. Everyone was laughing at him and he knew it, but he didn't care, he kept his head held high and continued to smile. I couldn't help but admire him, he came last in his race, he was lapped by almost everyone, but he stood up for himself and didn't let other put him down.

He can't help be slower than all the rest, he has serious problems, had them from birth, and everyone has always laughed at him and made fun of him. But I think people should aspire to be like him, for he's brave and strong-willed. He is better than those who run well, those who find running easy and excel in it and if you know anyone similar to this boy, I ask you to talk to him and look after him because he is very special!

3 comments:

  1. Its so sad how people don't care about any one else but them selves. I feel like every one should get a reality check so they can realize that by laughing at some one isn't going to make the bully better. My mom always says that "two wrongs don't make a right".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Run Forrest, Run" Remember that line? Tom Hanks was so great there, as great as the character he was portraying for. Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump and now that guy you're watching at, they're all admirable.


    Smiles from,

    Andy at wordsandpen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a track and cross country country coach sometimes I get too wrapped up in the fastest runners. I should appreciate more kids like this, the kids that try their best and run because they enjoy being a part of the team.

    Please keep posting. I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete